Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Cake or Death?

I'm so excited -- I am going to see Eddie Izzard on Monday! Much thanks to my friend Dave, who was on Izzard's email list and learned about the gig a week ago, just hours before tickets went on sale. It's a 'work in progress' show, so I'm guessing the comedy may not be completely polished, but come on, he's Eddie Izzard!

Now I'm just preparing myself to see him sans makeup, and even in a goatee. Not that him in full 'executive transvestite' gear makes him funnier, but the man does look damn good in eyeliner.



When Dave told me about the show, we both decided to try to get four tickets -- two for each of us -- in case the other person didn't have any luck. Well, we both had REALLY good luck. So I ended up selling my tickets -- I asked for "best offer" -- on craigslist.

If my math is right, I made over a 300% profit.

So Dave and I are splitting the money I earned from the sale, which will cover our ticketmaster purchases and a nice dinner beforehand. So it'll be a great night!

On the one hand, I must admit feeling a bit guilty. I mean, if I was a fan who missed out on the announcement and didn't learn about the show before it sold out, I would hope that if anyone was selling their tickets they would sell them for face value.

On the other hand, I didn't specify a price -- these guys offered me that much. So, conscience be damned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home