Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

White Headphones

Apparently San Francisco commuters are being warned of iPod theft, and BART is issuing fliers telling people "Don't be a target: Use ear buds other than the standard iPod white, or other aftermarket headphones."

Well, duh.

I must admit when I first got my iPod, I was all about the white headphones. I'd be on the bus or walking down the street, thinking I was so cool ('hey, look at me, I've got an iPod!') and giving headnods to my fellow white headphoners ('hey, look at you, you've got an iPod!').

I now wear plain black earbuds. Because I realize that shouting, albeit silently, that, hey, I've got an iPod, isn't such a good thing.

Now I shake my head a bit when I see people with white headphones. Come on, guys, you might as well put a blinking neon sign that says "rob me" over your forehead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home