Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Sunday, March 04, 2007

You Know What I'm Sayin'?

Took the 5 Fulton down to the Apple store yesterday (my MacBook, not eight months old, needs to be prepared) and couldn't help observing a couple people on my bus:

- A guy, enthusiastically talking to his Art Institute classmate about teaching, who turned any pause or punctuation in his sentences as an opporunity to say "you know what i'm saying?'" It was quite fascinating, kinda of like how valley girls (and myself, I admit) tend to sprinkle the word "like" into their vocab without even realizing it.

- A girl, perhaps in her late teens or 20 years old, who had her iPod shuffle plugged into tiny speakers so we could all hear her rap music. She never smiled, and tried to look tough, but I'm sorry, you can only look so tough with (no joke) Sponge Bob Square Pants scrubs, a Tweety Bird jacket and a purple backpack.

People watching is fun.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That combo on the girl, specially sponge bob and purple back pack are like so cleveland.

    meow

    run4chocolate.wordpress.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home