Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm Back!

Hello, all my two readers. I've been pretty busy with the job, but now I'm back. So my first post in over a month was inspired by a "The More You Know"-ish commercial I just saw on TLC (The Learning Channel). TLC is home to one of the worst shows ever, "What Not To Wear". On the show, two people (a bitchy flamboyant gay guy and a bitchy brunette girl) berate a woman and make fun of her entire wardrobe, in efforts to "educate" her about what she should be wearing.

But what do I see just now on TLC? Said bitchy guy, sitting in a chair talking to the camera, telling us (in a very "you should be your own person" type voice) that "We're all born with the capacity to think for ourselves. And yet we're bombarded by people telling us what to think."

Which, apparently, is not okay. Unless it's him, telling you that your outfit is hideous and you should be ashamed to be seen in public with it on.

Oh please.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger ThatBeeGirl said…

    Yeah, that doesn't seem to mesh with the image they're projecting on the show!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home