Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm Rich, Biatch!

(no, not really)

I saw Dave Chappelle at the Punch Line last night. And it was awesome. Small club, big comic, packed house (of course). Inspired by Bee, I just happened to look at the PL web site on Saturday and discovered that Chappelle was going to be there all week (Monday thru Saturday). And tickets went on sale Sunday. And the shows weren't starting til 10, because they already had shows planned for that week. Obviously this was a last minute thing. Apparently the gal at the Punch Line got "the call" on Friday--three days before the first show. Damn.

So tickets were $45 plus the insane ticketmaster fees, which I reluctantly paid. I'd never seen Chappelle live and just couldn't miss him playing at such a small venue. I just hoped it was going to be worth it.

It totally was. He was so laid back (and energetic at the same time, if that's possible). He was hilarious, of course, but most of all he was just having such a good time on stage. He held a cigarette in his hand for 20 minutes before finally lighting it because he just wanted to keep talking.

They were super strict on cell phones and cameras, so even if I had a camera phone I wouldn't have been able to get anything. But there were a couple times when I wish I could. He just looked so content and comfortable up on stage. What an great show. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger ThatBeeGirl said…

    I am BEYOND jealous!
    Did you get my text msg asking if you were going?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home