Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Chop Chop

So every few years (if not more often) I get the urge to drastically cut my hair. And 2006 is no exception. I had been thinking about it for the last few weeks, and even spent hours on the net one evening looking for photos of haircuts I like. But, as I have a short attention span and am pretty busy, I kinda forgot about it. But after seeing Portman on SNL last week, it made me remember that short hair cuts--when done right--can look really cute.

Then I remembered this old photo that I came across in college. I was working at the library at the time, and my oh-so-exciting job was to catalog the new arrivals. One day this beautiful photography book by Herb Ritts came in, and it featured a picture of Drew Barrymore with pretty short (though not pixie) hair. Perfect.

So I got my hair cut yesterday. It's friggin adorable. And while I don't have a digital camera, and my Blackberry, for all its many uses, does not have a camera in it either, I can show you my inspiration:



Now I just need to realize that I don't need *that* much shampoo anymore.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home