Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Monday, July 10, 2006

Iceland #3

So it's about 9 am on Monday. I leave in less than two hours (well, my flight isn't until 5), and I'm going to stop by the Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport (apparently Iceland's top tourist attraction, though it sadly it is man-made).

When I left the bus tour yesterday, I was chatting with Sam and Darren (the couple from Australia currently living in London) and Kent (from Brooklyn). Darren had asked if I had plans for that night, and I said I was planning to check out Kaffibarinn, as I'd heard good things about that bar/pub. So the three of us agreed to meet there at 10ish, and I have to admit I was delighted when I got there at 10:30 (I needed a long nap) that the three of them were there, and nearly done with the first round of drinks. It was a great pub, very laid back, and I loved being able to spend my last night in Reykjavik with some new friends. Cheesy? Yes, but give me a break. I had fun.

(Incidently, I did attempt to watch the World Cup earlier in the evening, but when I found a pub playing it, I realized 85 minutes had already passed in the game, I didn't know which team was in blue or which was in white, and, most importantly, I didn't care who won, so I figured my time would be better spent on a disco nap.)

So now I'm off to grab some coffee before leaving Reykjavik for good. Sniff. I took a lot of pictures with my camera phone which I'm sure I'll post at some point. Forgive the less-than-stellar picture quality in advance.

I'm really glad I came here. I would come back, though only with more money and more time, so I can make my way around the whole island. All I know is I've been but by the travel bug (again), and I can't wait for my next trip to... wherever.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger ThatBeeGirl said…

    I know I'm missing the whole point of this post, but...
    I thought I was the only one who used the phrase "disco nap" anymore! Glad to hear it's still around!

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger T said…

    crap. i was supposed to have a point?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home