Distracted By Something Shiny

...scribblings of random musings...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Gondry

There's a film out in theatres right now called Be Kind Rewind, which isn't really important and not what this post is about.

What is of note is that the film is directed by Michel Gondry.

While as of late Gondry's been associated with his feature film work like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (I've seen it once and it didn't change my life, though I willing to give it a second chance) and The Science of Sleep (I'll get around to watching it eventually), I can't help thinking of his amazing video collection whenever I hear his name.

Mind you, of course, I don't watch MTV or music videos now and haven't for years, but a few years back my roommate had a copy of the collection of music videos that Palm Pictures put out from directors Chris Cunningham, Spike Jonze and, of course, Gondry.

Even though I haven't seen them in years, Gondry's videos stuck with me. I remember being particular stunned by his video for Kylie Minogue's "Come Into My World":



(the phrase 'wait for it... wait for it...' applies perfectly)

EDIT 3/19 - browsing thru the SWPL archives I realize this post may have been influenced by more than just the current movie listings

1 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger ThatBeeGirl said…

    i wasn't too fond of "science of sleep" but to each her own.

    RYC: yeah, i totally thought you'd get more of em, too! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home